Get your hands dirty: upcoming work parties
After a big turnout at our first ever work party last weekend, we're back with weekly opportunities to get your hands dirty in the garden. If you belong to an organization, community group, or class that would like to organize a work party please contact us at email@example.com, we'd love to host you for a visit! Or you can join us for our weekly public workparties.
- Who: All work parties are open to the public and all ages, skill levels, and abilities are welcome. Bring friends and family!
- What to bring: Come dressed for the weather to stay warm and dry; conditions in the garden are currently muddy and wet. If you have your own gardening gloves or tools (especially shovels and rakes) please bring them, but we will have some on hand.
- Where: At Riley Park. We will meet at the garden site on the southeast corner of E 30th Avenue and Ontario Street.
- How: Please RSVP for any work parties you hope to attend so we can reach you in case inclement weather or site conditions force us to reschedule.
Sunday February 26th, 12:00-2:00PM: Garden Ground Preparation
Join us as we prepare the ground in the Riley Park Community Garden! RSVP here or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday March 5th, 12:00-2:00PM: Soil Preparation
Come help out as we build up the garden's top soil and shape out the growing areas of the Riley Park Community Garden! We will be moving soil that has been delivered into the growing areas of the garden to form the beds. RSVP here or to email@example.com.
More work party dates will be added very soon. To see an updated list of garden events at any time, visit our Garden Calendar!
Share your voice: upcoming meetings
Our meetings are open to the public and all are welcome! Please review past meeting minutes here to ensure you are up to speed on our discussions. If you have any items you wish to add any upcoming meeting agendas, or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green Team Meeting: Thursday March 2nd, 7:00-9:00PM at Hillcrest Centre room 320. The Green Team meets specifically to talk about the garden's design, planning, building and maintenance. The agenda for this meeting can be viewed here.
- General Garden Committee Meeting: Thursday March 9th, 7:00-9:00PM at Hillcrest Centre room 320. Hear updates about the garden, shed project, fieldhouse, and more! Participate in discussions about the garden. See the agenda for this meeting here.
- Green Team Meeting: Thursday April 6th, 7:00-9:00PM at Hillcrest Centre room 320. The Green Team meets specifically to talk about the garden's design, planning, building and maintenance. The agenda for this meeting will be circulated in mid-March.
Riley Park Fieldhouse Opening March 2nd
As we prepare to take over part of the Riley Park Fieldhouse for the community garden, workshops, education, skill development and art programming, we are excited to share this opening event with our neighbours that we share the fieldhouse with, Merakos Collective. Our initiatives are part of the City of Vancouver's Fieldhouse Activation Program.
Come out to the fieldhouse opening party on Thursday March 2nd, 5:00-9:00PM to see the designs for our Serviceable Shed project created at our recent charette, gather ideas on the education and workshops you want to see, and learn about the garden's shared beds and ways to get involved! The fieldhouse is located at 92 E 32nd Avenue, at the Eastern end of Riley Park.
Come by for the opening party and then head across the street to Hillcrest Centre at 7PM to join for our Green Team meeting!